An Introduction to Play Therapy (6 hours of fun Continuous Professional Development)
Play is essential when working with young children but it may also be useful for working with adults. Come and learn how to integrate play into your practice.
Facilitated by Mel Riley (MBACP Accredited Counsellor with Therapeutic Play)
Date: Sat 24th March 2012
Time: 9.30am - 5pm
Location: Fallings Park Fire Station, Bushbury Road, Wolverhampton WV10 0NL
Cost £99.00 (Lunch not included)
Join me to play, learn and have fun on this informative experiential play day. Play may include a mixture of puppets, art, music, movement, clay, storytelling, sand trays and much more.
- Identify when play may be useful
- How to introduce play to your clients
- What to do if clients don't want or know how to play
- Explore your own beliefs about the usefulness of play
- Identify your own style of play and learning needs
- Ethical boundaries around play and touch in therapy
- How to manage competitive games and cheating
- How to prepare a counselling room for play
- Explore the theory of directive and non-directive play
- Obtain a recommended reading list and take a look at some books
This course will cover some theory but is intended to be an experiential play day. All attendees will be given a certificate of attendance as evidence of CPD. Light refreshments will be included though lunch is not included, shops are nearby if you wish to purchase lunch on the day.
There are just 12 places on this workshop so book early to avoid disappointment as this workshop is generally very popular.
Booking forms can be requested by email and places will be confirmed on receipt of payment and invoices will be issued for your accounts.
This is 6 hours of fun CPD!