Here are a list of some of my favourite parenting resources from some of the most passionate professionals who understand, trauma and attachments.
A note for parents when you get new information, you realise that you may be part of the problem but you are also part of the solution too. You did your best so please try not to let guilt or shame eat you up. When you know better you can start to do things differently.
- Love-Based Parenting: Beyond Consequences – Heather T. Forbes
- Mr. T Parenting with Love: Time-in not Time-out – Dr Bryan Post
- Childhood Trauma and Abuse and its Effects on the Brain – Jane Evans
- Why Kids Lie and How to End It Now! – Dr Bryan Post
- 6 Minutes That Can Change Your Child’s Life (and Yours!) – Dr Bryan Post
- “Flipping Your Lid”: A Scientific Explanation – Dr Dan Siegel
- How to Stop Tantrums – Dr Dan Siegel
- How Storytelling Connects Both Sides of the Brain – Dr Dan Siegel
- Trauma of an Emotionally Unavailable Mum: Still Face Experiment – Dr Edward Tronick
- Not All Children Can Wait: The Marshmallow Test