Thanks for stopping by to meet me; I’m Mel Riley...
We all need someone to talk to; someone who listens without judging; who accepts with kindness; who is there to hold your hand as you make sense of your world.
I've been that 'someone' for 15 years – and wouldn't change it for anything! As a counsellor, I've helped clients face everything from heartbreaking trauma to overcoming phobias or eating disorders.
As a snapshot, I offer:
- Adults and children's counselling
- Relationships and family therapy
- Dog assisted therapy
- Play and creative therapy
- Professional training and supervision
Everyone is welcome here – whatever your gender, sexuality, colour. If you’re struggling to cope, you'll find a safe place where a warm human being helps you explore your feelings.
Appointments can be online or by phone, but most sessions are face-to-face in the Wolverhampton area. No other staff here, apart from my 'pawsome' team: a sleepy therapy dog, River, and her trainee accomplice, Macca.
How is therapy different with me?
My start in life shaped me. A childhood of abuse and rejection catapulted me from crisis to crisis – never belonging anywhere. Struggling with overwhelming feelings, therapy helped me gradually learn to manage them....
The journey through therapy to qualifying as a counsellor took me to where I am today: happy being me, feeling safe, stable and in charge of my own life.
Must confess, I'm not a typical therapist with a clinical waiting room. Instead, I open my home and heart to welcome you in:
- We might stroll in the park having fun with the 'waggy-tailed' mob. Or we can just sit chatting on a bench, away from everything...
- Therapy isn't 9 to 5 to suit me. Sessions fit your life and needs. And because I'm an integrative therapist, I use a range of approaches to help you live your life...
- Studying neuroscience for the past decade means I understand how trauma affects the brain. I'll help you see it's OK to be human - OK to hurt - then show you how to heal...
If you don't mind an honest, down-to-earth therapist who laughs and eats cake too, call me.
Qualifications and Credentials
- BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist for children and young people
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Registered with the United Kingdom Register for Counsellors and Psychotherapists. (UKRCP)
- Member of Association for Family Therapy (AFT)
- Approved therapist for Bupa, Aviva and WPA Insurance Companies
- Fully insured
- CRB/DBS checked
- Practice is independently supervised by a senior accredited Ofsted registered supervisor
Ready to go on your journey? I'll walk alongside...
If you're hurting right now, stressed out or your head's in a mess, be kind to yourself. Pick up the phone to see if I'm the right counsellor for you.